Thursday, November 5, 2009

Buenos Dias!

Me llamo Reina Esperanza Luz.......

Reina Esperanza Luz is the Queen of Hope and Light. She was going to be simply the Queen of Hope, but then the glitter took over and she became the Queen of Hope and Light. I made her for Dia de los Muertos and was going to put her on a website to be auctioned off, but surgery and life got in the way and so she is now the reigning queen of my home.

I made her from start to finish. She was a labor of love. I layered each piece of newspaper and sanded and layered and sanded and layered and sanded and layered the paper mache some more. I even used flour and water to make the paste and when it came time for the glitter....Oh my gosh!!!!! It was pure love. Glitter covered every surface in my house for days. Probably still does. That's where "Luz" came in. It means light in Espanol, and she is covered in it, so there you go. I didn't have a saw, so I got out the tree lopers and cut the dowel rod for the base and even drilled the hole in the base. I did it all by myself. Well, really the Queen and I. She's loaded with imperfections and it took me about a bizillion hours to make her. I look at her every day and I absolutely love her. She makes me smile. Now, I've decided she needs a friend, a really good friend. He's going to be a handsome gaucho!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She is fabulous, dahhlingg!! And what a birthing process!!

    So glad you are back!

    xoxo
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Can't wait to make her lova.....the gaucho!

    ReplyDelete