Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Bubbas

Amigos, compadres, friends, whatever you want to call them. I've acquired some new ones. You never really know when or how or why they'll show up in your life, but my new ones are here. I guess it just happens when it's supposed to?? And it's usually so random! At least these new amigos are. Very random.

I've endearingly named them the Bubbas. One's name is Josh; the other's name is Country. For real. Only in East Texas, right?? Well, they've been doing work on my house. To be exact, the windows. So that sort of makes them voyeurs. Actually , they are voyeurs. They know everything I do and when and how I do it. One of them has now started wearing cologne. Yep, I said cologne. How funny is that?? So interesting. I'm thinking they're thinking Helloooo Mrs. Robinson...

If I had the time, they would talk to me ALL DAY. They ask me all kinds of questions and I give them all kinds of advice. One of them had to go to court and I told him he needed to wear a suit and shave. His trial was postponed, so he came over to take me to lunch. Why waste a clean shave and a kinda new suit? he said. Really. The next day I was so sick with the flu and they wanted to know what they could do to help me. Anything they said. I leave the back door open for them every morning and have their coffee ready. They always text me thank you. It's all too funny. They throw the ball to the dogs until the dogs literally collapse. And yes, I'm paying them by the hour.

Eventually I'll run out of things for them to do, but until then, I'm just going to enjoy them. As Josh promised, he's still going to take me to lunch after his trial. It's on my calendar. In a very simple way, they're PURE. Totally unencumbered by life. Every day is a new day...

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! you are gonna miss them when they are gone!! And btw, I am glad we are both blogging again! Love you Shellya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful guys! Bubbas can't be beat - they need to form a business known as The 2 Bubbas and I'll bet they'd get rich. But then they'd no longer be bubbas. Or would they? Hmmm . . . I feel a story in this idea.

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete