Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Moment I Wake Up

Dionne Warwick has nothing on me...


Well, here goes. I'm just going to say it. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. And I'm guessing it will never stop? I woke up Saturday morning at 6:00 with a very sick feeling deep inside of me. Way too deep. And I had to act on it.

I've been separated and divorced from this man for 8 years. We were married for 30 years and dated for 6 years before that; we grew up together. He has remarried and we've both moved on. But when I woke up, I knew something was very wrong with him. You know that thing - you can just feel it in your bones? Well I could feel it. So at 6:00 am on a Saturday, I texted him only to find out that he was in the hospital and they had just put a stent in his heart. What? Oh no? How could I have known? (Twilight Zone music is ringing in my ears...)

So many thoughts are still in my head. Will we always be connected in some weird cosmic way, other than children? Am I SUPER intuitive? Whaaaaat??? I've always been able to sense things about others more than others. But this?? Too scary and way too creepy even for me. Because of our history? Or because of our history? Or because I'm not cluttered with millions of hard thoughts anymore and so the true thoughts are able to come to the surface? I don't know. It's kind of like that old Igloo cooler joke How do it know? Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out. How did I know?

But, I do know that when I feel deeply about something, I will act on it now. I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment