Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Rest of the Story

Well, the pool table is long gone. Thank goodness. And all that it represented. Katie felt certain is was affecting my relationship corner in a very bad way. It drove out of the driveway at about 6:30 pm and by 7:00 pm, my phone had rung. And it was a man. A man of interest. And this man of interest asked me out. On a real date. Dinner.

That old fear rose up inside of me again. Dread. Playa. User. Why would he be calling me? What does he want from me? My thoughts right now about all men. I had a reprieve because of my trip to DC and I figured that by the time I got back, his little thought about me would be gone and that would be the end of it. But no. He was persistent. He called again and again and again. We had dinner and it was nice. Really nice. And easy. It's been over a month and he's still calling.

I've had surgery and am still recovering and he is still calling. He didn't mind the golf ball that was growing out of my leg or the layers of gauze (practically a mini pad) that are still covering my leg. He helps me. He cooks for me. He seems intrigued by the "earthiness?" of me. We laugh and sometimes we just be without saying a word. We even play Book Worm on the computer. We debate healthcare issues, organized religion, alternative medicine, buying organic, Fox news versus CNN and we've agreed to disagree about Monday nights - Football or Dancing With the Stars. He is supportive and thinks I should start my own stationery business. He hates my love of the fabulous Latin Catrinas, but he is the very one who has encouraged me to make Reina Esperanza Luz a friend, the soon to be handsome gaucho lova!

I have no idea how long he'll be around. Don't really care. Right now he's here and that's really all that matters. For the first time, I'm not making any future plans at all. Just enjoying the moment or the month. Or the whatever.

1 comment:

  1. "Sometimes we just be . . . " That's the best. I am sitting across town smiling for you. Yayyy!!!!

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete