Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Higher Side of Normal




The higher side of normal. Did he really just say that???? Hmmmmm..... What an interesting concept. I'm not sure that I've ever even experienced real normal and certainly not the higher side of it.

It's amazing to me how total chaos, absolute craziness, and subtle insanity can become my normal. And just like that. That fast. I know I've been in the middle of the lower side of normal. For sure.

The higher side. What would that feel like? Probably very strange. I wouldn't even know what to do with it. How to act, much less how to react. I'm thinking it might feel totally awkward. And definitely surreal.

The man who used the higher side of normal was on tv. He was the weatherman. But, he sure did make me think.......and then I figured it out! I took a stroll down memory lane. The photo above is my old driver's license picture.

I lost it and thank goodness I got to get a new one. I recently found the license and it shows that I was definitely experiencing the lower side of normal. The much lower side. The very scary, very lost, way below normal side. And then I got out my old, but newer license. Not so great, but the higher side of MY normal. And, I'm good with it.


1 comment: