Thursday, September 3, 2009

What?

The invitation said the dress was Snappy Casual.  Hmmmm.  Exactly what is that?  

There's White Tie for that oh so very special occasion, that over-the-top special occasion.  And then of course, there's your standard Black Tie.  You can wear a  short dress if it's Semi Formal, can't you?  Sometimes the invitation says Cocktail..... fun pants?  After Five.   A brightly colored halter top, for sure.  The serious Business means a jacket, right?   Business Casual.  Is that the same as Nice Church or is it just hurry up and get to church?  Casual.....shorts?  Costume.  The old pregnant nun.  She always works when you're in a pinch!  But just what is Snappy Casual??

I'm so perplexed.   I finally settle on a cute black dress with a fabulous black and white snappy blouse and bright red lipstick.  It's casual, fun and doesn't make my butt look big. Perfect!  Well guess what???  Snappy Casual just means jeans.   

2 comments:

  1. This just made me laugh! I would have no idea what any of those "dress codes" meant. Well, except white tie & standard black tie. Otherwise I would be lost.

    And PS - This is really well written. Love it.

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Coming from you that's amazing. I have so much to say; it's just getting it all out.

    sl

    ReplyDelete