Friday, September 11, 2009

He's Back!

Sancho woke up and couldn't walk.  He cried and cried and cried.  I laid down on the floor beside him and just talked to him and loved on him, but nothing helped.  He just continued to whimper and yelp.  He's the most playful of the three boys and there was no play in him.   Sanchie has never been  a complainer, so I knew it must be bad and I also knew that  his being 11 was also not the greatest.  So, I took this picture of him just in case; the vet was impending.  This wasn't his usual hey baby kind of cool face; but was instead a new face, his help me face.    With a lot of coaxing,  I finally got him on a comforter and drug the comforter to the car.  We both cried the entire 15 minute ride to the vet.  They wanted to keep him overnight.  The drive home alone seemed much longer than 15 minutes.

They called the next day with good news, just arthritis.  When we rode home that day, he sat up very straight in the passenger's seat and smiled so proudly the whole way home.  He loved being the only dog in the car and having it all to himself.  When we got home, he wanted nothing to do with his brothers, who had missed him so much.  He was high on painkillers and I think he felt like he had just gotten home from a spa day.  When it was time for bed, he ran into my bedroom, because that's where he planned on sleeping (even though he never had before).  He was now better than his old self.  He was actually feeling frisky...

2 comments:

  1. OH, I'm so glad he's okay. I am dealing with one hurt/sick cat today and have cried and cried. She has been to the vet, but still feels bad. It is so hard!

    I love that expression on Sancho's face in the bottom picture.

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for you and Maggie. Katie told me.

    ReplyDelete