Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Tale of Dos Hermanos

Yes, you're looking at a door with a HUGE hole in it.   A huge hole THE DOG chewed in it.

 I had a blind date with a man from San Antonio. I met him in Dallas and we had dinner.  I  spent the night  with a friend and came home the next morning.  To this.  This lovely new doggy door.  Oh my!  An anger management problem? Or maybe something much, much more serious.  A  fiber deficiency, perhaps??  A friend thinks the hermanos (Sancho and Finley) got into a fight, maybe over a chica?  and one dog threw the other dog through the door.  The hole is kind of in the shape of another perro and Sancho does have a big smile on his face!

I give up.  You decide.  All I know is - there is no longer a door there AT ALL, for whatever reason.  Oh and the blind date.....No bueno.

P.S.  Eleven years ago, both kids got to pick out their own puppies and  choose their own dog' s name.  My 11 year old son innocently chose a bubba dog and named him Finley.  My worldly 19 year old  daughter,who  had just returned from spending the summer in Mexico, chose a very  cool, suave, kind of ladies man dog, who she named  Sancho.  I was just glad she was using her Spanish.  I knew the painters always snickered when I called for Sancho to come inside and the the yard guy always had a big smile when I yelled Sancho! Come in!  It was the gutter man who finally  enlightened  me, with a smirk on his face.   Hey lady, who are you calling Sancho? Sancho (not to be confused with Santo - holy)  means a ladie's lover-on-the-side!  

1 comment:

  1. I thought he was named after Sancho Panza! And I thought that meant something about a big belly. More research is needed, I'm thinking. LOL!

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete