Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Year of Buts


But I can't be getting a D.I.V.O.R.C.E.  I married him for better AND FOR WORSE...I can't do it!  Yes, you can.  Yes, you can do it.  And you will do it, my soon to be ex-mother in law said.  You are the strongest person I know.

Not only did I get a divorce that year,  BUT I also buried my dad, moved into a "crap" house and  completely remodeled it,  sent my son off to college and put my daughter on a plane to Santiago, Chile, so she could start her new life.  Lost, scared,overwhelmed, alone just about covered it.  Strong???  No way. 
 Yes, way.  I did it.  I did it all.  All by myself.  I started over.  Really over.  I found myself all by myself.  My house is now a reflection of my true self.  I'm still here and I'm still happy.

7 comments:

  1. A week of firsts....way to go girl! I love it especially the black background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are ready I will post you on my blog!!!! I am so proud of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think you're ready and I'm putting you on my list. :) What power!! Just say no if you want me to remove you. But please don't. There is something so wonderful about people discovering you. (The lovely, lovely Katie will go up once she gets a camera & once she says okay - I'm a bit scared of her! LOL!)

    This is so WONDERFUL to have people in town blogging!!! I am so happy!

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Do it. I never feel ready for anything, so go ahead. And thanks.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete