Monday, August 31, 2009

Movin' On


Yes, it's almost fall again.  It seems to come at the same time every year.  I'm standing on my front porch, hanging the wreaths I just made on my front doors.  I have my Ipod in and I'm listening to Ann Sweeten's lovely, New Age harp music and it all feels so familiar.  Then my mind wanders down a path, an old path, and I remember last year.  At this exact same time of the year, I was in love.  Madly in love.  I had made a wreath for his door; he lived in a very cool barn and I was driving down the highway,  listening to this same lusty, ethereal harp music. To see him.  To deliver the wreath and to see him for what I knew would be  the last time.

The song changes to the something by the Rolling Stones and I snap out of the past, with a smile on my face.  There's a gentle breeze that blows across my face, reminding me that I'm movin' on.

3 comments:

  1. Freakin awesome Shellya! That wreath looks beautiful on YOUR door!

    I am in awe of your process,

    KL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am! A wreath for your door this year. Moving on and moving forward. PS - I enrolled in the 2nd Unravelling course. Oughta be fun - we can share frutrations & breakthroughs.

    Love your blog!
    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Debi. That's a HUGE compliment. Thanks!
    I can't wait for the breakthroughs. Blogging is already a frustration. It takes me forever.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete